Friday, March 12, 2010

Today was my long awaited ER

This is the one day I dreaded for sooo long, it felt like dejavu today lying on that bed in theatre staring at the ceiling and all these people around me. I must say this time that anesthetic felt like it took forever and then suddenly I felt my eyes start rolling, all I heard the Dr say is keep your eyes open for as long as you can, and then I was gone. OMW it was really terrifying for me, praying all the while that I will get some eggies out of these poor overworked ovaries. I must say that I am very proud of them, they produces 10 follies where 17mm, 18mm, 19mm. In total they retrieved 6 eggs which I am so proud of, some might think they are little my FS said they would want to get between 5 - 8 and so I gave them 6 :) and I am so proud of these ovaries cos they did not let me down this time around. So now we are praying that all of them Fertilise and produce some beautiful embabies. I have received so much support from soooo many wonderful friends and family. Without that support I don't know where I would have been throughout this IVF cycle. Thank you for always supporting me!!! I have never seen DH smile so much to see me when I wake up looking like the Bride of Frankenstein, me as usual made a complete poephol of myself, cos one of the theatre sisters told me that I spoke while I was under and just before I came around but lucky for me they could not make out what I was saying! So the praying continues for those eggies to fertilise so that we can have beautiful embabies to put back and grow for Mommy!

2 comments:

Karien said...

Hehe, tell the sister you were talking to your babies, it wasn't meant for their ears!

By the way, 6 is double what we had, so that is awesome!!

Martie xxx said...

IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done girl!!!

Stick embies, stick!